Best Baby Walker for Carpet, Good & popular in 2019.
My mom told me that, when I was a little one, my parent bought a nice walker for me and I was so excited. As soon as I ride on it, I started to roam around the entire house and so on until my parent stopped me. By the way, that time I could walk a little bit by myself and I can hardly remember some incidents. A baby walker is quite familiar and common and it is a complete package of fun, excitement and entertainment for a child. However, the main focus of today’s post is the best baby walker for carpet.
Sometimes it can be a problem while finding one that actually works best on a carpeted floor. Also, several brands produce baby walkers which are designed for carpets but these do not have wheels. But, these types can bring unexpected and dangerous consequences, so I suggest you to avoid buying these types if you have carpeted floor.
However, now let me tell you why these types are dangerous. In some carpets, the fibers are too long or the arrangement is highly dense. In these case, the walker may get stuck on there no longer it can move. So, if your child moves so fast and gets stuck on it, he/she may be tipped over.
To buy the best baby walkers, especially the best baby walker for carpet, you should follow some guidelines and look for the features that should be contained by a quality product which will meet up the standards.
Highly Recommended: Top baby dolls that look real
Our Recommended 2 baby Walker for Carpet
(Walker for Carpet)
|JOOVY Spoon, Blueberry, Charcoal||Yes||yes||4.5/5|
|Safety 1st Sounds ‘n Lights Discovery||Yes||Yes||4.5/5|
Top Baby Walkers in the Market 2019
|JOOVY Spoon, Charcoal||Yes||Yes||4.5/5|
|Safety 1st Sounds||Yes||Yes||4.5/5|
|Disney Minnie Music and Lights Walker||yes||yes||4.5/5|
|Bright Starts Roaming Safari Walk-A-Bout Walker||Yes||Yes||4.2/5|
|Combi All in One Mobile Entertainer||No||No||4/5|
|VTech Sit to Stand Learning||Yes||No||4/5|
|Chicco Dance Activity Center||No||Yes||4.5/5|
|Kolcraft Tiny Steps 2-in-1 Activity||No||No||3.5/5|
Check 2 Best Push Baby Walker
(Popular push walkers)
|VTech Sit to Stand Learning||Yes||No|
|Fisher Price Bright Activity||Yes||No|
According to child specialist just how usually and also the length of time with regards to the period you employ the particular baby walkers to your baby. So, start to reading the reviews of some lovely walkers for babies in the market.
Highly Recommended: We have a Very very COLOURFUL Listing of Baby Car seat stroller & combo 2019. For Picking the best On by a Best Brand you can check the Post.
When you’re trying to find out the finest walkers among the best baby products in the marketplace, you’ve ceased from the proper spot.
Baby walker for carpet Buying Guide
If you are searching for a walker for carpet, it will be the best if you test on a carpeted surface. Also, you can read the reviews of various products whether they are carpet friendly or not.
Moreover, you also have to ensure that your baby can move freely on the carpeted surface. If your child does not feel easy, he/she may does not want to walk any longer with the walker.
Also, the size of the wheels is also important in case of carpeted floor (discussed later on).
Anyway, now I am going to provide you with the features that you should be looking for any type of them.
- Whatever the type you buy, the safety should be the first point to be considered. Here are several issues that will ensure the safety of your child, these are as follows:
- The base is an important factor. The base should be wide enough so that your kid can not get out of the doors walking through the walker. Also, it is really a major concern because you should prevent him/her from going outside or entering kitchens.
- Try to buy a one with locking wheels or a walker in which you can detach the wheels as your wish.
- A seat belt can also ensure the safety of your child.
- You should also check the materials used for producing the product. The raw-materials must be non-toxic and the product should be with a non-toxic finish.
- The walker should be strong enough so that it can carry your baby and hold his/her weight easily. Otherwise, there is a chance of accident.
- Check if there are any small pieces which are easily removable by your child, because it can bring dangerous consequences.
Wheels: (carpeted floor)
The wheels, especially the size of the wheels are so important if you have carpeted floor. I have already said that, a walker without wheel can be dangerous on carpeted flood. However, many brands produce infant walker with big wheels for carpet. On the other hand, those that are parent-assisted, does not have any wheels but they are safe.
A walker with an adjustable height is more preferable. For an improved walking, you have to ensure that your child can walk through the floor not just by standing on the tip toes, rather using the whole foot.
Also, as your infant grows up in height, he/she needs a walker with more height and you are not likely to buy a new one with more height. So, it is better to purchase one with adjustable height feature and it will also a good deal of your money.
The comfort is also an important point to be considered. You have to ensure that your kid is comfortable while walking through the walker. So, you must buy a walker with a padded seat and the fabric should be soft. In addition, the fabric should not have any material that will irritate your baby’s skin.
However, for your comfort, the seat should be washable and easily removable. Now a days, modern walkers usually come with this feature, so do not get worried about washing the seat.
It should be compact and foldable:
The design should be compact and it should have flat-folding ability because, these features will allow you to store it easily and to travel with comfort. There are lot of options that will help you to make your choice, but keep in mind that although several manufacturers claim that their baby walkers are foldable, sometimes you may find them as wrong. Therefore, check it well to buy the one.
Music, mp3 tunes are very good entertaining stuffs and music can also encourage your infant to learn with. Some walkers has this facility where there is a removable tray that holds these things and this tray can convert the baby walker into a stationary activity center, it is amazing!
However, although the walker with rubber wheels are usually a bit expensive, but they will provide several advantages over other types. One of the advantages is, they will allow your childto walk more comfortably. In addition, they are also suitable for walking through wooden floor, because they will not leave any scratch on the surface.
Infant Walker Types
Usually, there are two types available and these are 1. Seated walkers and 2. Seat to stand walkers.
Childs have the choice to either sit or stand in these types of walkers. Also, these types will provide your baby with a wide range of stability which makes them a great choice to the babies cannot stand by their own.
Usually, they come with a lot of entertaining stuffs such as stimulating toys so that your baby can play with. In addition to that, these types also include a tray where your child can have some foods while playing.
However, there is a disadvantage of these types. Comparatively to the seat to stand walkers, seated types are usually heavy in weight. Therefore, they are not easily portable although many of them have the capacity to be folded.
Seat to stand walkers:
Seat to stand types are also called 2 in 1, because your baby can seat on the walker while playing with the entertaining stuffs and stand and hold the walker as he/she walks.
Seat to stand learning walkers are much preferable by the experts as they inspire the kids not only to walk but also moving from a seated to standing position. Moreover, these types of walkers are basically the cheapest.
An advantage is, they are very light weighted so that you can easily store it and travel with. Also, they can easily tip over.
On the other hands, there are several shortcomings which include, they are not perfectly suitable for the younger babies who want to walk as superior strength and stability is required to make them able to stand.
Infant Walker Advantages
There are several significant benefits. A baby walker is not only a stuff that helps your kid to learn walking, but it also helps to learn some more things by the music.
Usually comes with an entertaining tray, can make your baby happy a lot.
By walking along, your child will explore many things by roaming around your house, it is an important thing because it will improve the expression.
There are controversies regarding the use. Some parents believe that, it is helpful for a child to walk faster. On the other hand, experts say that, babies get pressure on the wrong muscle if walk along with a walker and he/she might not want to walk without it.
There are alternatives and they are parent-assisted baby walkers. These types were developed as an alternative to the traditional and they are completely different from the traditional walkers. Although, parent-assisted walkers do not have any wheels and it require complete parent assistance throughout the kid walk along with the walker. However, for teaching a child to walk, these types of are the safest I believe.
Moreover, there are immobile play centers such as baby jumpers are also available. Although the outlook is almost similar to the baby walkers, they are different and they have no wheels. A baby jumper actually works on strengthening baby’s legs as the kids jump or push themselves up from the ground.
Q: why all the listed infant walker price is high?
A: The price actually depends on the cost of production and shipping. Also, additional accessories are also related to the increase of the price. But, it is true that, you might have to pay a bit more if you want to buy a quality product.
Q: Some pediatricians do not prefer walkers, so why should I buy one?
A: Buying something is completely up to you. However, there are definitely several advantages of baby walkers. Also, walkers are just aiding tool, it is never recommended for continuous use and play by your child.
Q: Are they a replacement of crawling?
A:Not actually, because crawling is a much necessary and a vital stage in the development of a child. So, a child must crawl before start walking, just like old adage “you have to walk before you run”.
Q: Will a baby walker make my child to walk early?
A:Usually, each child is different. The starting of walking alone depends on how your baby interact with the walker and how you assist you assist your baby as well.
Q: How long these walkers can be used?
A: It depends on how you handle and take care of it. Also, the materials used for the production, also related with the durability of a walker. Maintenance is also important, because each baby walkers has some certain capabilities.
Q: What does “growth with your child” means?
A: It actually refers the height adjustment feature. As your child grows up, walking and playing style will be changed along with the position. These walkers have the capacity to adopt new adjustment such as changes to increase height and to carry more loads.
Q: Where baby walkers are banned?
A:In Canada. Canada is the first country in the world where the sale, import and advertisement of baby walker is banned.
Q:From where I can buy a baby walker?
A: You can buy from stores and online purchasing is also available. Anyway, you have to do a lot of research to buy the best one.
Q:What is the ideal age for using the baby walker?
A: It actually depends on the development of your kid. However, the recommended ideal age for using baby walkers for infants and toddlers is usually 4 to 16 months.
Top Baby walker reviews 2019
1. joovy spoon walker on carpet
This Joovy Spoon walker can serve multiple purposes and it is not only a walker, but also it is a mini high chair at the same time. Moreover, there is a large tray which will provide your child with sufficient space so that your baby can play with favorite toys. The product does not include any bells or whistles and the design is simple and classic.
Also, the item has wide base that ensures superior safety so that your baby’s little fingers do not get hurt by the wall. In addition to that, it features large wheels and non-slip stair pads which are the additional attachments to the safety issues.
Besides these, buying this one is a great deal of your money because it has an adjustable height feature and it can offer three different height positions. Moreover, the construction is strong enough so that it can carry up to 30 pounds and it is a nice one for baby girl or baby boy.
However, it is easy to travel with, because it folds, simple in design and light in weight (weighs only around 12 pounds). It is one of the top rated product.
- Comes with an attractive outlook and finish.
- Made up with good quality material.
- One of the best walker on carpet. Walking along with this Joovy spoon walker on carpet is smooth and comfortable for your child.
- The removable tray is dishwasher safe.
- The seat pad is removable and machine washable.
- Easy to adjust and assemble.
- Does not have 4 swivel wheels, 2 front wheels swivel.
- The size is a bit larger, requires large space.
- Repositioning the seat might be difficult after washing.
- It requires few days of use to make the wheels free for moving.
- The price of the walker is a bit higher than the other ones.
The Joovy spoon walker Full review you can read from here. Please Check the details here.
Recommended: Check out the top booster seats for table 2019.
Question: Do this walker 4 wheels Swivel?
Answer: No, front two wheels are swivel these wheels 360 degrees & it turns awesome.
Question: Can i lock the wheels?
Answer: Joovy spoon has no locking system.
Question: Is it move on carpeting floor?
Answer: It performs pretty well on short hair carpet and rugs.
Question: Can i remove the seat for washing?
Answer: Yes, you can remove the seat and can be placed in the washing machine.
Question: Can i suction a toy to the tray?
Answer: Yes, you can put a suction cup toy in it.
Question: Can be the height/seat adjusted?
Answer: Seat height can’t be adjusted but you can adjust the walker height according to your baby height.
Surely one of the best walker for baby by joovy spoon. And we highly recommended this.
2. Safety 1st Sounds ‘n Lights Discovery walker
This item is a complete package of fun. It features light, sounds and five dinosaur-themed toys which will give your baby a lot of happiness and joy.
This is also an activity center for your child as it has a large tray in which your kid can play or have foods.
The seat is padded, therefore it is much comfortable for your child. Also, the padded seat is easily removable and it can be washed by machine. So, the cleaning up is easy.
Moreover, this one offers three height positions, so that in can be adjusted to a comfortable position when your baby will be grown up.
Besides these, the storage is very easy because it is easily foldable.
- Simple and compact in design.
- The weight is so light (weighs only around 11 pounds), you can carry it easily.
- Made up with good quality material and works on carpet very well.
- The wheels has 360 degrees movement.
- Works very well both on floor or carpeted surface.
- The toys crinkle, rattle, spin and light up, your baby will get a lot of fun.
- Little bit uncomfortable for the short babies.
- Assembly requires much effort.
- The price is little bit expensive.
Question: Do the wheels move in all directions?
Answer: Front two wheels move all directions but the other two are stationary.
Question: Is it fold “flat” for easy storage?
Answer: It doesn’t fold flat, it’s fold down but good for easy storage.
Question: Can i remove the toys from the tray table?
Answer: Yes, you can remove the toys for cleaning, Maintenance.
Question: What is the height from floor to butt?
Answer: 8 to 10 inches and height can be adjusted.
Question: Does the walker have breaks?
Answer: The baby walker do not have breaks.
Question: What is the weight limit of this walker?
Answer: Walker weight limit is 30 pounds but up to 35 pounds is good.
Our highly recommendation for this safety first walker.
3. Disney Minnie Music and Lights Walker, Garden Delight
This nice and wonderful baby walker offers a lot of fun to your little girl. Basically, it is a walker for baby girl which features 2 activity trays with favorite Disney characters.
Moreover, the large activity tray features 4 Minnie Mouse and friends toys. Also, it can be used as a snack tray for your kid.
- It offers 3 adjustable height positions and you can easily adjust the height in a favorable position.
- The wheels are strong and sturdy enough and they are perfectly suitable on tile, wooden floor or carpeted surface.
- It offers padded seat, therefore it is comfortable for your little one. Also, the seat is removable and machine washable.
- The construction is strong enough, therefore it has a maximum weight capacity of around 30 pounds.
- The design of the product is simple and compact. This features will allow you to store and carry it easily while you are on a travel. In addition, the weight of the item is not heavy and it weighs only 11.8 pounds.
- Besides these, there are grip strips which provide superior safety and reduce movement on rough surface.
- Assembly is easy.
- Clean up is easy.
- Available at a Cheap and affordable price.
- There is no locking mechanism available in the wheels.
4. Bright Starts Roaming Safari Walk-A-Bout Walker
This is a nice safari-themed walker for baby boys or baby girls. The Roaming Safari Walk-A-Bout is an attractive product from the Bright Starts and it offers a lot of fun to your baby.
Also, it comes with a removable toy tray which can turn it into a stationary activity center as well. Moreover, the electronic tray is removable and it contains lights, sounds and music. In addition, your child can play with the toy anywhere he/she wants and more toys can be added into the tray.
Moreover, it features a nice steering wheel that works to keep your baby entertained by turning the sounds, music and lights in work. Also, the music are so relaxing and there is volume controlling function.
Besides these, it offers 3 adjustable height positions and a high seat back support. The seat is padded and the seat pad is removable and machine washable.
However, it can be easily folded so that you can store and carry it easily.
- Kids like the steering a lot.
- The quality is high with a sturdy construction
- Breaking system is effective to reduce movement on rough surface
- A little effort is required to assemble it.
- Clean up is also easy
- Removable cushion can be washed easily.
- Safe and difficult to tip over.
- Perfectly suitable for flat surface.
- Wheels are not large enough, not perfectly suitable on carpeted surface.
- You cannot fold it as flat, little bit problem in storing.
- The seat is not padded enough to provide sufficient comfort.
5. Combi All-in-One Mobile Entertainer
This is a nice walking aid for your kid and an entertainer as well. This baby walker activity center is a usually preferable by the baby boys as it is a wonderful baby activity walker.
Moreover, this Combi all in one classic car-themed walker is a preferable one and this brand produce one of the best car walker for babies. Also, this entertainment center will allow your kid to stand and jump so that he/she can explore the surroundings.
Besides these, it comes with an electronic play tray that features fun toys, mirrors, lights and fun sound to stir up and entertain you baby. Also, the hood of the car can be removed and it can be converted into a large tray for taking foods.
- It offers lockable jumper feature which ensures the safety of your child.
- It features 3 adjustable height positions, therefore you can easily set it into a comfortable position for your baby. In addition, your child can use it when grow up more, so it is a great deal of your money.
- Sturdy construction, can carry around 30 pounds.
- The wheels feature 360 degree swivel.
- The assembly is easy.
- Suitable for the short babies.
- The weight is a bit heavier than the other walkers (weighs around 20 pounds)
- The height is short, a little bit uncomfortable for the taller babies.
Note: You can check one of the latest updates on airplane car seat bag by clicking the link. Surely, you will find the perfect one for travel.
6. Kolcraft Tiny Steps 2-in-1 Activity Walker
This is a wonderful walking aid for babies that converts into a walk behind walker from a seated activity walker, it means that it has 2 in 1 function. Also, it comes with a lot of fun toys which includes spinning ball for batting play, upright flower mirror toy with crinkle petals and textured stem and bead bar for motor skill development.
It is preferable by both baby boys and baby girls.
Besides these, the product has made up with good quality material which are non-toxic and safe for your child (JPMA certified).
However, the manufacturers recommended age is 6 to 12 months.
- It features adjustable height, so that you can set a comfortable height for your baby. Also, height can be adjusted with the growth of your baby (save your money)
- On the base, there are skid resistant friction pads which will ensure your baby’s safety.
- Compact in design and easily foldable. Therefore, the storage is easy.
- The seat pad is removable and machine washable.
- Easy to clean.
- Easy to assemble.
- It features high seat back (covered with foam) that offers additional comfort and support as well.
- Front wheels can swivel easily, smooth movement.
- Light in weight (weighs only 7.5 pounds), easy to travel with.
- Convertible to a toddler walker.
- The price is so reasonable.
- Cannot easily move on the carpeted surface.
7. Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stroll-Along Walker
This nice baby walker is so attractive and fun stuff for your little one. This sturdy pretend stroller will make your baby’s first steps easy. Also, it can be a nice gift for your baby.
Also, it features music which will be playing as your baby moves with, or if he/she presses the belly of the cute bear. Moreover, the stuffs will allow your baby with hands-on activities as there are spinners, flip book and roller bar.
Besides these, it has a wide base and that provide stability and your baby can grasp the handle easily with tiny fingers.
This cute stroller styling walking aid inspires early role play and baby nurturing.
However, the manufacturers recommended age is 9 months and up.
- Provide better safety.
- Just a little effort is required to assemble it. (it will hardly take 15-20 minutes to assemble it)
- Sturdy construction.
- Light in weight, your baby can go along with it easily (weighs around 5.5 pounds only)
- Buttons are soft, your baby can push them easily.
- Melodious music.
- Small in size, pretty small for full size baby dolls.
- Wheel do not have any locking mechanism.
- Not bad, but the placement of the musical bear is not perfect.
Note: The colourful baby has a good list of cheap baby cribs. You cal also check it.
8. VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
The VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker is one of the best baby push walkers and it can entertain your baby even before he/she started to walk.
This product offers an interactive learning and features a detachable toddler play panel that improves fine motor skills. Also, it has 5 piano keys that can play music and inspire your child’s creative skills. Moreover, it comes with 3 light-up buttons, 2 colorful spinning rollers and 3 shape sorters that improve motor skills.
The packaging include 2 AA batteries which power up the pretend telephone handset and mechanical instruments that will give a lot of fun times. Besides these, there are more than 70 songs, music, sound effects, fun phrases and many more.
However, the manufacturers recommended age for babies and toddlers 9 months to 3 years old.
- Wheels are designed to work nicely on carpeted and hard floors.
- Wheels are with speed control feature that can be adjusted based on the type of the floor and the age of the baby. Also, the wheels are sturdy and smooth for rotating easily.
- High quality plastic used.
- Entertaining stuffs are much effective to keep your baby engaged.
- The weight is very light, there is a risk of topple over if the surface is rough.
- Speed control is not that much effective.
- Not and ideal baby walker for short babies.
Conclusion on Walker for Carpet
You will find a variety of walkers on the market and most of them offers almost similar features. But, do not get worried because, if you follow the aspects that I have provided throughout the post, you will get a perfect one. However, if you are looking for a walker which works well on a carpeted surface, then you have to check the size of the wheels, grip strips other safety features that reduce unwanted movement on rough surface (eg. grass). Besides these, you have to consider the choice of your children as well. Because, if the product fails to attract the attention of your child, he/she may not feel comfort to walk along with it. Anyway, I did a lot of research to provide you with relevant information and I hope you will be benefitted from them.